Business Formations & Governance
Our attorneys work closely with our clients and their accountants to assist start-up companies and established businesses in all facets of corporate law, from selection of entity type to formation operation and governance. With the input of the client’s tax and accounting advisors, we work with clients in Atlanta and throughout the State of Georgia to establish a foundation on which the client can build and grow its business. Our attorneys are also often called on to assist clients with succession planning and the implementation of exit strategies.
Starting a business requires thorough planning and a well-developed strategy. Westfall, LLC provides strategic legal guidance at every step of the formation process to help you choose a business entity and structure that will satisfy your goals. During all phases of a business lifecycle, we provide continuous advice and guidance to help you govern your company properly, achieve business objectives, and protect your assets.
Our attorneys assist with the drafting and negotiation of agreements relevant to the governance and succession plans of the company. Services we provide include:
- Entity formation, creation and registration
- Entity structure determination including Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, Corporations and Joint Ventures
- General Counsel services
- Governance advice
- Preparation of Entity operating documents
- Preparation of meeting minutes and resolutions
- Preparing Buy/Sell Agents, Phantom Stock and Stockholders/Voting agreements
- Sale of businesses or other exit strategies, including dissolution
- Shareholder agreements